Lhagsam is looking for a new Spiritual Program Coordinator
To help yourself and to help others; what else is more important? There’s nothing more important than what you do here. Really, the more problems we see in the world, then we see the existence of the center as more important. – Lama Zopa Rinpoche
After 2 years of tireless and dedicated service as Lhagsam Spiritual Program Coordinator (SPC), our beloved Tahlia decided to “retire” in order to have more time for other activities. Thank you, Tahlia! You are instrumental in making Lhagsam what we are today and we look forward to working closely with you in the years to come!
This opens up an opportunity for a new volunteer, interested in practicing compassion in action, by becoming our new SPC. The position is available from July 1, 2021 and can be done remotely, from wherever you are in the world. We are currently not able to pay a full salary, but we are prepared to offer some financial support, if your situation requires it.
What are SPC’s responsibilities?
SPC collaborates with the Lhagsam team of volunteers to plan and coordinate our spiritual program. The main tasks are:
- Development and implementation of program strategy and course plan
- Communication with teachers and organization of the event logistics with help of volunteers
- Maintenance of the event calendar
- Marketing coordination for each event with our marketing team
- Communication with event participants, including the preparation and provision of course materials
- Coordinating events and activities with other FPMT centers and keeping in contact with the regional coordinator
What is your profile?
We will offer plenty of training to get you up and running. Here are some qualities we are looking for in the candidates, but don’t be shy to contact us, if you don’t meet them all. Probably most of us don’t 🙂 The ideal candidate brings the following to the table:
- Established dharma practice and good knowledge of FPMT
- Recognizes Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Lama Yeshe or one of their students as her/his main teacher
- Minimum 2-year commitment to serve in the SPC role at Lhagsam, approx. 4 hours per week on average
- Competent and enthusiastic about coordination and communication
- Skilled in maintaining relationships with Buddhist teachers
- Good computer skills
- Patient, open-minded and team-oriented
- Ideally already knows Lhagsam study group and participates in our activities
- Good knowledge of English and ideally German
At Lhagsam we embrace diversity and equal opportunity with respect to race, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.
Sounds great. How do I apply?
Interested? Fantastic! Please write Nina at email@example.com, including a short profile and contact information.